AN ABOLITIONIST’S HANDBOOK: 12 Steps to Changing Yourself and the World. In this book, Cullors charts a framework for how everyday activists can effectively fight for an abolitionist present and future. Filled with relatable insights on the history of abolition, a reimagining of what reparations look like for Black lives and real-life anecdotes from Cullors.
AN ABOLITIONIST’S HANDBOOK offers a bold, innovative, and humanistic approach to how to be a modern-day abolitionist.
Cullors asks us to lead with love, fierce compassion, and precision.
12 Steps to Changing Yourself and the World
1. Have Courageous Conversations
2. Commit to Responding vs. Reacting
3. Experiment: Nothing Is Fixed
4. Say “Yes” to Imagination
5. Forgive Actively, Not Passively
6. Allow Yourself to Feel
7. Commit to Not Harming or Abusing Others
8. Practice Accountability
9. Embrace Non-Reformist Reform
10. Build Community
11. Value Interpersonal Relationships
12. Fight the State Rather Than Make It Stronger